Fix the 6ix is a volunteer committee that addresses poverty in Toronto. Fix the 6ix is trusteed by West Neighbourhood House, a United Way agency.
Mission, Vision and Values
Fix the 6ix exists to support individuals experiencing homelessness, and the organizations that advocate for them. Our goal is to provide a way to humanize the homeless community by sharing their stories to broaden the understanding of homelessness in Toronto.
We do this in three ways:
- Re-purposing donated gift cards to provide goods and programming to shelters
- Donating gift cards to individuals on the street
- Humanizing homelessness by sharing the stories of those we serve
Vision: The ultimate goal
- To alleviate internal pressure on Toronto homeless shelters by subsidizing programming
- Giving in-kind donation to individuals on the street that offer the power of choice
- To offer visibility and inspire a new understanding of the homeless community in Toronto
Values: The beliefs at the core of our work
- Social Justice
- Human Dignity