Fix the 6ix is a grassroots organization that addresses poverty in Toronto. Fix the 6ix is trusteed by West Neighbourhood House, a United Way agency. Launched by Deanna Lentini at York University in 2016, Fix the 6ix is rooted in the philosophy that Toronto belongs equally to everyone, and that much is to be gained by supporting all individuals who call the 6ix ‘home’.
Mission, Vision and Values
Fix the 6ix strives to Humanize Homelessness. We work to advocate-for, and serve the homeless community using a no-cost donation model.
We seek to do this in three ways:
- Providing goods and peripheral programming to shelters
- Donating gift cards to individuals on the street
- Humanizing homelessness by sharing the stories of those we serve
Vision: The ultimate goal
- To alleviate internal pressure on Toronto homeless shelters by subsidizing programming
- Giving in-kind donation to individuals on the street that offer the power of choice
- To offer visibility and inspire a new understanding of the homeless community in Toronto
Values: The beliefs at the core of our work
- Importance of Social Cohesion